Here is a collection of the most frequently asked questions about GMTDScan Tech. Click a question to view our answer.
I get the following error message when I try to register the software:That is a Windows user access rights problem. The easiest way around it is to right-click the GMTDScan Tech icon that the installation created on the desktop and selecting "Run as Administrator" from the menu that pops-up. You will have no problems creating your license file then.
Access to the path 'C:Program Files (x86)GMTDScan TechGMTDST.lic' is denied.
I keep getting "INVALID LICENSE FILE!". What is wrong?You have not entered your licensing information correctly. All info needs to be entered exactly as it appears in the delivery e-mail, not just the license key. Get a single character wrong and validation will fail. It is even case sensitive. Copy and paste all information to avoid typing mistakes.
What steps do I need to take to set TDCO?- Start GMTDScan Tech.
- Connect to your truck.
- Go into the dashboard view and verify that the engine coolant temp is at, or above, 180 °F. If not, wait before proceeding.
- Go into the DTC view and verify that no trouble codes are present.
- Go into the TDC view.
- Take note of the current DES/ACT/TDCO values. OEM is +3.5°/+3.5°/-0.5°.
- Click the TDC Time Set ON button. DES should now read 0° and ACT should read +3.5° on average.
- Click the TDC Time Set OFF button to go back to normal operating mode.
- Click the TDC Learn ON button. The TDCO value will now fluctuate for about 20-30 seconds before setting itself. You can end the sequense prematurely by clicking the TDC Learn OFF button. The current TDCO value will then be set in the PCM.
- If you are not happy with the TDCO you get you must turn the injection pump. Towards the drivers side is "+" and towards the passenger side is "-". A 2mm move equals 5° so take it very easy and do not attempt to turn the injection pump while the engine is running!
- Repeat the TDC Learn procedure until the TDCO you want is attained.
You need to know what you are doing when attempting this procedure. If your mechanical skills are limited, leave it up to a skilled friend or professional to do it for you. You are on your own if something breaks. Enghs Motor AB cannot be held responsible for damages, injuries or costs of any kind.
What about GMTDScan Tech updates, do they cost extra?No, updates does not cost extra. Minor version upgrades (1.x) are included in the price. If a major version (2.x) is released you will be given the option to purchase a license upgrade at a heavily discounted price. Downloading of upgrades are handled from within the GTMDScan Tech software itself.
What is the current version of GMTDScan Tech?The latest version of GTMDScan Tech is v18.104.22.168
It was released November 3, 2008.